Leonard H. Johnson has practiced law in the areas of real estate law, business law, banking law, construction law and land use and development law in the Tampa Bay area for over thirty five years. He has represented banks and other businesses, as well as individual clients with complex issues related to buying and selling real estate and businesses, finance transactions, construction matters, and land use and development issues.
He is admitted to practice law in the states of Florida, Colorado and New York, and the United States Supreme Court, United States Tax Court, and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He is AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Johnson has maintained active involvement in the community. Mr. Johnson is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Florida, a Member of the Board of Directors and Immediate Past President of Gator Boosters, Inc. and also very active in the Methodist Church.
When not practicing law, he can often be found enjoying the great outdoors while boating, fishing, bird hunting or an occasional game of golf, and snow skiing when the powder’s just right.
Len and his wife, Nancy, live in Dade City, and their two children, Brock Johnson and Paige Dingman, live in Tampa.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A. Finance With Honors, 1978
- Florida, all state courts, 1981
- New York, all state courts, 1988
- Colorado, all state courts, 1993
- United States Supreme Court, 1984
- United States Tax Court, 1982
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1981
- World Presidents’ Organization, FL Chapter, 2008 – Present
- -Chapter Chairman, 2011 – 2016
- Young Presidents’ Organization, FL Chapter, 1986 – 2007
- -Chapter Chairman, 1998 – 1999
- Registered Real Estate Salesman, Florida, 1978 – Present
CIVIC MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- University of Florida Board of Trustees, 2016 – Present
- Pasco-Hernando Community College, District Board of Trustees, 2011 – 2016
- -Board Chair, 2014 – 2015
- Lewis Abraham Lacoochee Boys & Girls Club, Board of Directors 2009 – 2014
- Florida West Coast Public Broadcasting, Inc. (WEDU), Director, 2002 – 2009
- Leadership Florida, Member, Class IX – 1990
- Florida Blue Key, University of Florida, 1991 (Honorary Initiate)
- Downtown Dade City Main Street, Inc., Director, 1987 – 1995
- President, 1991
- Dade City Hospital, Board of Trustees, 1993 – 1996
- Board Chair, 1996