Leslie Wager Hudock is a partner with Barnett Bolt, concentrating her practice on sophisticated business transactions. She advises clients on merger and acquisition strategies, corporate finance, and the nuts and bolts of operating a business during all of its various life cycles, from start up, to growth, and into maturity.
By establishing long-term relationships with her business clients, Leslie is able to leverage institutional knowledge with transactional expertise to provide timely and strategic advice. While Leslie’s business experience spans many sectors, she has particular expertise in the automotive industry, having represented car dealers in the purchase and sale of motor vehicle retail and service facilities for more than 25 years.
Leslie served as managing partner of Barnett Bolt from 2008 to 2010, and currently serves on the firm’s executive committee.
Volunteer and strong supporter of the arts
Outside of the office, Leslie devotes her energies to fostering arts and culture in the Tampa Bay community. She is a long-standing member of the Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture and the Arts (TBBCA) and directly supports local arts organizations whenever possible.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law (2013, 2016-present)
- University of Delaware (B.A., cum laude, 1982)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law
- Temple University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1985)
- Staff Member, 1983-1984, Business Editor, 1984-1985, Temple University Environmental Law and Technology Journal
- The Florida Bar (1987)
- The Pennsylvania Bar (1986) inactive status
- Hillsborough National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Tampa Bay
- American Bar Association (member, Business Law Section)
- The Florida Bar (member, Business Law Section, Corporations and Securities Committee)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (member, Securities Law Section)
- Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts (formerly Tampa Bay Business Committee for the Arts)
- -Board of Directors (2010-present, 1996-2003)
- -Executive Committee (2012-present, 1999-2003)
- Board of Fellows, University of Tampa (2016–present, 1998-2001)
- Board Member, American Cancer Society, Greater Tampa Unit (2011-2013)
- Event Chair, American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Davis Islands (2010-2011)
- “Buyer Beware: Transferee Liability in Business Asset Acquisitions,” The Florida Bar Journal, November 1993
- “New Developments in Enforcing Covenants not to Compete,” Hillsborough County Bar Bulletin, March 1991
- “The Presumption of Irreparable Harm: Enforcing Covenants not to Compete in Florida,” Hillsborough County Bar Bulletin, February 1990
- Faculty: “Taking a Stake in a Corporation,” The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Committee and the Business Law Section Seminar, November 1994 and March 1996