Matt is an Associate in the firm’s Trusts and Estates and Tax Law departments. His practice covers estate planning, tax planning, business succession planning, and matters involving the administration of trusts and estates. Matt graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Florida State University in 2010, attained his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2013, and was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2013. Matt completed his LL.M. in taxation at the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2017.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt practiced in the areas of estate planning, business, taxation, and probate and trust administration. Matt also previously worked in a state and local tax specialty group of a Big 4 accounting firm, which focused primarily on providing clients with tax reduction strategies and planning. Matt is a member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, the Real Property Probate and Trust, and Tax Law Sections of the Florida Bar.
Born and raised in Chicago, Matt is an avid Chicago sports fan.
- Trusts & Estates
- Florida State University (2010)
- University of Florida College of Law, (J.D., 2013; LL.M., in Taxation, 2017)
- The Florida Bar (2013)
- The Florida Bar (Tax Section, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section)
- The American Bar Association (Member, Tax Section)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Member)
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Ethical Issues in Tax Law: The Attorney-Client Privilege, Work Product Doctrine and Kovel, presented to the Tax Section of the Florida Bar on Mar. 22, 2017