Michael, a partner with Barnett Bolt, earned his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Florida College of Law in May 2007. There he served as competitor, coach and final four champion on the Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Team. Michael has received book awards in advanced appellate advocacy and estate planning. Prior to attending law school, Michael received his Masters in Business Administration from Clemson University in 1989 and his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Florida in 1983.
Strong business background
Michael started his professional career with Milliken & Co., a global manufacturer of chemical, composites, floor covering, and performance materials. He served Milliken and Company as Plant Manager of several operating locations and as Director of Development of laminate composites. Following his career with Milliken and Company, Michael was V.P. of Operations of worldwide tier-one automotive suppliers and responsible for more than 2,000 employees.
Before deciding to leave the corporate world and transition into law, Michael gained direct experience in buying and selling companies and business units, making him uniquely qualified to overcome the complex legal challenges businesses face today. Now serving as general counsel for businesses and business owners, Michael handles all of his client’s business legal needs, which include: bankruptcy and creditor’s rights, mergers and acquisitions; commercial litigation; corporate and partnership law, intellectual property, and real property law.
Registered patent attorney
Michael is registered to practice with the United States Patent and Trademark Office as a patent attorney. Michael’s combination of legal and business experience allows him to relate to business owners and meet their legal needs.
Michael lives in Tampa with his wife, Holly, and their three children, Lora, William and Elizabeth. He and his family are active parishioners of Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church in Tampa, Florida.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Law
- University of Florida (B.S. ChE., 1983)
- Clemson University (M.B.A., 1989)
- University of Florida (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Real Estate Law (2013)
- Registered Agent – United States Patent and Trademark Office (2005)
- Registered Attorney – United States Patent and Trademark Office (2012)
- The Florida Bar (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (2012)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida (2007)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida (2009)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida (2012)
PRIOR BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
- Vice President, Operations – Interface Fabrics Group (2000)
- Vice President, Manufacturing – Acoustek Nonwovens (1998)
- Vice President, Manufacturing Operations – Conwed Fibers (1996)
- Director, Technical Services – Chatham, Inc. (1994)
- Director, Manufacturing – Chatham, Inc. (1992)
- Plant Manager – Milliken & Co. (1990)
- Director, Development – Milliken & Co. (1988)
- The Florida Bar (Business Law and Real Property Sections)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Business Law and Real Property Sections)