Chris is a partner in the firm’s Tax and Private Client Services practices. Chris maintains a broad-based tax practice involving estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer and income tax planning for high net worth individuals, multiple generations of family members with accumulated wealth, and entrepreneurs with large closely-held businesses.
Chris has extensive experience in establishing and implementing sophisticated wealth transfer strategies, charitable planning, and income tax planning techniques for all phases of the client’s business cycle.
Chris develops customized plans with the understanding that the best approach to tax planning is developing an approach that not only creates meaningful tax savings, but also takes into account proper cash flow management, privacy, ease of administration, and interfamily relationships.
As part of his experience, Chris has developed specialties in tax planning for real estate investors and developers, charitable foundations, and the purchase, sales and operation of business aircraft.
Chris, a native Floridian, lives in Tampa with his wife and son, and is an active member of the community.
- Business Law
- Aviation/Aviation Tax
- Tax Law
- Tax Litigation & Controversy
- Trusts & Estates
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. Tax Court
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Chair, Tax Section).
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017-2019.
- “Business Aircraft: Avoiding the Entertainment Disallowance and §280F,” The Florida Bar Journal, June 2016