Jeff is of counsel to the firm. He has more than twenty-five years’ experience in health care and corporate transactional and regulatory matters, including acquisitions and divestitures, federal and state licensure, and compliance. Jeff’s clients include health care providers such as hospitals, physician practices, and privately held corporations. He represents clients in transactions involving the provision of professional services to licensed health care entities, the formation and transfer of licensed health care organizations, and the management of licensed entities by business organizations. He also advises clients with respect to business planning, growth, succession, and exit strategies; governance, control, and operational issues; and the impact of state and federal legislation, including anti-self-referral, anti-kickback, Medicare and HIPAA.
Jeff was formerly a Board Member of the Association for Corporate Counsel, West Central Florida Chapter, and served as both President and Vice President of that organization. He was also a Board Member of the Association for Quality Imaging, a national lobbying organization based in Washington, D.C., and lobbied Congress on multiple occasions for changes to the Medicare payment laws.
Jeff writes frequently for the health care blog of Atlantic Health Solutions and speaks on various regulatory topics for many of his clients. He is active in community charitable work and school related activities. He and his wife and three children live in Tampa.
- Health Care
- Business Transactions
- Brown University (A.B., Economics, 1984)
- Boston College Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1989)
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Best Lawyers in America, Health Care Law, 2013 – 2015.
- Tampa Bay Best Lawyers, Health Care Law, 2013-2015.
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Health Care Section)
- U.S. District Court (Middle District of Florida)
- Board Member of Association for Corporate Counsel, West Central Florida Chapter, 2005 – 2012 (President 2008 – 2009, Vice President 2006 – 2008)
- Board Member, Association for Quality Imaging 2005 – 2011.
- Brown University local representative (annual interviews of candidates for admission).
- Board / Executive Committee / Endowment Committee / Congregation Schaari Zedek.
- “Multiple Procedure Payment Reduction, Transmittal effective January 1, 2013”, Summary, February, 2013.
- “Impact of Supreme Court Decision on Obamacare,” Q & A, July, 2012.
- “Proposed Legislation in Florida to Require Cash-Pay Price Listings,” June 18, 2012.
- “Mandatory Compliance Programs for Health Care Providers under PPACA,” April, 2012.
- “CMS Manual System Transmittal 858,” February 4, 2011.