Tom is a business trial lawyer in Tampa, Florida, and a partner at Barnett Kirkwood Koche Long & Foster, P.A. He is board certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in two specialties: civil trial law and business litigation. Business disputes generally have money as their predominant issue. In any lawsuit there are always clashing egos, unilateral motivations, bad blood, etc. However, commercial and business disputes are usually settled in some form with the exchange of money, and/or an agreement between the parties to take, or not to take, some future action.
Pursuing cost-effective solutions
With 28 years of experience litigating, resolving and, when necessary, trying, commercial and business cases, Tom knows the quickest, most efficient path to achieve a client’s goal. He wastes neither time nor money while pursuing the desired outcome. Tom prides himself on Barnett Kirkwood Koche Long & Foster’s and his own personal commitment to keep the client’s interests and goals paramount in any engagement, and to pursue those interests aggressively and fearlessly. However, Tom understands how important a cost vs. benefit analysis is to every client. He is committed to ensuring that such an analysis is a considered part of every case he is presented. Tom is an active community participant in the City of Temple Terrace, located on Tampa’s northeast border; where he coaches numerous youth baseball, soccer, and basketball teams. He serves on the boards of local churches and youth sport leagues. Tom has traveled abroad extensively studying local cultures from China and Russia to Africa, Europe, South East Asia, and South America.
- The Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation) (2008 – 2015)
- Florida Super Lawyers (Business Litigation) (2006, 2008 – 2013)
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S., cum laude, 1974)
- Temple University (M.S., cum laude, 1978)
- Villanova University (J.D., 1982).
- Staff Member (1980-1981), and Research Projects Editor (1981-1982), Villanova Law Review
- Law Clerk to Hon. George C. Carr, U.S. District Judge, Middle District of Florida (1982-1984)
- The Pennsylvania Bar (1982)
- The Florida Bar (1983)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (1985)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1986)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (1992)
- The Florida Bar
- The Pennsylvania Bar
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer and Board Certified Business Litigation, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education