Tax attorneys with a difference
Originally founded as a boutique tax firm, Barnett Kirkwood Long Koche & Foster, P.A. remains a leader in tax law. The attorneys in Barnett Kirkwood Koche Long & Foster’s tax department possess exceptional credentials in the field of tax law—seven of the firm’s lawyers have advanced tax degrees, and one is a certified public accountant.
Barnett Kirkwood Koche Long & Foster’s tax attorneys write and lecture frequently on tax law issues. Two of the firm’s partners, Leslie J. Barnett and Craig E. Behrenfeld, teach tax law classes at Stetson University College of Law. Mr. Barnett is the former Chairman of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar, and Mr. Bolt is a former law clerk to the United States Tax Court. In addition to being recognized as a “Best Lawyer in America” since 2003, Peter T. Kirkwood was selected as Tampa’s “2010 Tax Lawyer of the Year.” Also, Michael D. Miller is a current articles editor, and David L. Koche has served as Associate Director of the Education Division and the State Tax Division of the Florida Bar Tax Section.
Barnett Kirkwood Koche Long & Foster, P.A. represents individuals and entities in all areas of U.S. federal and Florida taxation, including:
- Tax planning for mergers, acquisitions, divisions and other restructurings
- Structuring joint ventures
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Taxation of employee benefits, executive compensation and pension and profit-sharing plans
- Taxation of public charities and private foundations
- Internal Revenue Service and the Florida Department of Revenue investigations
- Tax litigation
- Aviation Tax